Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

End of a Semester

The school semester has ended. Hurray!
With that comes a reflection on accomplishments. The easiest way to represent those thoughts is with the story reel that has been in progress this whole time.


I still like the story; it's clear and short, and clearly represents a character (Something I've been struggling with in other projects). The boards are terrible and I always meant to fix them, but never had time (How I allocate my workload). I think I spent the right amount of time doing the rough passes of animation, but I am no clean-up artist (Knowing my strengths). I now know how long it should take me to do a scene right, and what the benefits of that is (Addressing my weaknesses). This piece was not cleaned well, but I spent that time doing all the colouring and retouching to compensate for it (Work ethic). As stressful as finishing it was, it is finished, and that's something to be proud of (Love what you do). I hope you all enjoy (Know why you do it).

Here is a scribble from 7 weeks ago. I still really like spotted, and want to continue to develop it. I will be doing model sheets for the characters over the break. This sleepy Kuja represents my feelings at this second now more than ever.


Having fun with the characters.
Here's to another project finished, leading to more possibilities to come. Next semester!


1 comment:

Shen Ramu said...

Action Analysis turned out awesome Kevin!! well done, i hope you slept for 30 hours straight after you finished it!! Have a good break :)